Let’s face it, week night meals sometimes just don’t come together the way we plan and for those hectic nights we need easy 5-minute recipes like this delicious hummus. I admit it, I have absolutely no qualms with feeding my family a plate loaded with raw veggies, crackers, and mounds of homemade hummus. Honestly, I think they actually look forward to it! It’s hearty, delicious, and healthy. You just can’t beat that combo.
You only need to keep a handful of ingredients on hand for the most basic of hummus recipes, but feel free to doctor up if you’re feeling a little more adventurous.
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup tahini paste
- 1 garlic clove, crushed and coarsely chopped
- juice of half a lemon (about 1 tablespoon)
- ¼ cup water
- salt to taste
- Optional toppings:
- smoked paprika, lemon zest, dukkah spice, toasted pine nuts, minced roasted red pepper, fresh herbs
- Combine the chickpeas, tahini, garlic, lemon juice, water, and salt in a blender and blend until smooth. If needed add more water a tablespoon or two at a time to thin to desired consistency. taste and season adding more salt if necessary.
- Serve topped with desired toppings.