Golden Apricot & Orange Blossom Syrup
Get ready for an onslaught of recipes like this Apricot & Orange Blossom Syrup because stone fruit is officially in season and I can’t seem to leave the market without a basket full!
Recently I teamed up with my party-loving friend Kate of Hola Jalapeño, to celebrate our friend Aida’s recent marriage in Thailand with a deliciously elegant TKTK. I couldn’t resist volunteering my services to build a champagne bar for our guests.
I set up the bar with a trio of delicious fruit syrups, including this apricot orange blossom syrup, fresh pressed citrus juice, and a variety of edible flowers for garnishing our glasses. It was so easy since the syrups could all be made a few days in advance and was such a hit amongst our guests!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 8 apricots, pits removed then cut into quarters
- 1-2 tablespoons orange blossom water
- Combine the sugar, water, and apricots in a heavy bottomed saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Once boiling reduce the heat to a simmer and cook stirring occasionally for 25 -30 minutes until the fruit has completely broken down. Allow the mixture to cool.
- Strain the syrup through a fine mesh strainer discarding the solids.
- Add the orange blossom water to the syrup and stir to combine.
- Syrup can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days.
- If making a soda, fill your glass with ice. Then fill the glass half full with syrup and top with champagne or sparkling water.