Sprinkle this mix over ground beef,chicken or beans! It’s even great tossed with warm roasted walnuts.
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
To make 1 pound of taco spiced ground beef
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons gluten free taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup water
Make the taco seasoning
- Combine all of the spices in a small bowl, stir to combine. Store in an airtight jar in a cool dry place indefinitely.
To make taco spiced ground beef
- Place the ground beef in a nonstick skillet and cook over medium-high heat. Use a wooden spoon to break up the ground beef into equal-size pieces as it browns. Once there are no pink spots remaining, drain most of the fat from the pan and add 2 tablespoons taco seasoning and the water. Bring to a simmer and cook until the liquid has reduced. For saucier taco meat add an extra 1/4 cup water and cook until the mixture has slightly thickened.
Use approximately 2-3 tablespoons taco seasoning mix per pound of ground meat. If you like milder taco meat use less seasoning blend.
You can also flavor beans, like lentils, with this mixture. About 2 cups of cooked beans will be the equivalent of one pound of ground beef.
If you like onions in your taco meat add 1 finely chopped white onion to the skillet when you are browning the beef.