To make this dish heartier for meat eaters serve alongside shredded rotisserie chicken.
- Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed, drained, and patted dry on a clean kitchen towel
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 cup cooked quinoa, plus more to serve
- 2 springs onions, white and green parts divided
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes
- lime wedges
- sliced chile peppers
- Maldon sea salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Spread the chickpeas out on a baking sheet and spray generously with Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray, about 1 tablespoons worth. Add the cumin, coriander, turmeric, and smoked paprika to the pan. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss the chickpeas to coat in the oil and spices. Add the red bell pepper strips and the white parts of the spring onion to the pan and toss to incorporate. Bake 20 minutes, shaking pan once. Remove from the oven.
- Add the cherry tomatoes to the pan. Then make 4 spaces among the chickpeas and scoop 1/4 cup of the quinoa into each space, spreading out into an even layer, then spray each lightly with Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray. Crack the eggs over the quinoa. Sprinkle the eggs with salt and pepper. Bake 5-8 minutes more until the egg whites are set and the yolks have just thickened.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves, thin slices of chile pepper, the green parts of the spring onion, Maldon sea salt flakes, and black pepper. Serve immediately with wedges of lime.