This tart is perfect warm or at room temperature which makes it perfect for holiday entertaining!
For the tart shell
- 1 cup teff flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup ground Harvest Stone Sprouted Hummus crackers, roasted garlic & herb flavor
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup very cold club soda
For the hasselback sliced veggies
- 1 small (6-inch) sweet potato, washed well and sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 small (6-inch) delicata squash, washed, sliced in half lengthwise, seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8-10 bay leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (10-ounce tub) , roasted garlic hummus. About 1 cup
- to garnish: Maldon sea salt flakes, cracked black pepper, fresh thyme leaves, red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a mixing bowl combine the teff flour, almond flour, Harvest Stone Sprouted Hummus cracker crumbs, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning with a whisk.
- In a separate small bowl combine the olive oil and the club soda, whisk vigorously for about 30 seconds until the mixture appears creamy and slightly frothy.
- Pour the oil and club soda mixture into the flour mixture and stir with a fork to combine until there is no dry flour left (If the mixture seems too dry you can add a tablespoon or two more of club soda, but only if it is necessary.)
- The dough at this point will NOT be in one mass, but instead will appear crumbly, this is exactly what you are looking for.
- Pour half of the dough into an ungreased 11 x 7 x 1.125 tart pan with a removable bottom. Gently and evenly press the dough into the tart pan all the way up the edges. When you need more dough to build up the side of the tart pan or to patch a hole simply pour a little more into the pan. Once the tart shell is compete prick the dough all over with a fork.
- Bake the tart shell for 12 minutes, some cracking may occur, but this is OK. Allow the shell to cool before continuing.
Roast the hasselback sliced veggies
- Keep the oven at 400°F. Place the sweet potato and squash halves, cut side down, on a cutting board. Working one at a time place a sweet potato half between two chopsticks to prevent you from slicing all the way. With a sharp knife, slice down from top until the knife makes contact with the chopsticks. Repeat the process creating thin slices all the way down the length of the potato. Do the same with the remaining sweet potato half and the squash halves.
- Place the halves on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Rub the oil and seasonings all over the vegetables. Gently slip bay leaves in between some of the slices then roast in the oven for 20-30 minutes until tender.
Fill the tart
- Reduce the oven heat to 350°F. Gently spread hummus with an offset spatula evenly in the tart shell. Place pre-roasted hasselback vegetables on top. Bake for 8-10 minutes until the tart is heated through.
- Allow to cool slightly, garnish with Maldon sea salt flakes, cracked black pepper, fresh thyme leaves, and red pepper flakes if desired. Serve warm or at room temperature.