Although we call this a dessert “pizza” I really enjoy a slice for breakfast with a mug if coffee. Such a great way to start the day!
- coconut oil in liquid state, for greasing the pan
- 1 cup pitted and chopped Medjool dates
- 1/2 cup blanched, slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Generous pinch of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon bee pollen, for decorating crust, optional
Lemon cashew cream “sauce”:
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for at least 2-4 hours, drained, and rinsed
- 1/2 cup water
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoons maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- 2 pintsDriscoll’s blueberries
- freshly grated lemon zest
- 4 large mint leaves, chiffonade
Make the crust:
- Lightly grease the bottom and 1-1/2 inches up the sides of a 9-inch spring form pan with coconut oil. Place parchment strips around the inside of the pan approximately 3-inches in width. This will help to ensure your crust does not break when the pizza comes out of the freezer; set aside.
- Combine the dates, almonds, and oats in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the S-blade. Process for 1-2 minutes, until all of the ingredients come together like dough and are similar in size, with no large chunks remaining. Add the vanilla extract and salt, then process to incorporate.
- Transfer the dough to the prepared pan and gently press the crust into it using your knuckles, beginning in the center and working towards the edges. Be mindful to keep the crust even across the bottom, then work the dough about an inch up the side of the pan to form the “crust”. If using the optional bee pollen sprinkle it evenly around the edges of the crust, similar to Parmesan on a traditional pizza crust. Set aside.
- Make the cashew cream sauce:
- In a food processor fitted with the S-blade, combine the cashews, water, lemon zest, lemon juice, maple and salt. Blend until smooth, 3-5 minutes (depending on your machine).
- Pour the blended sauce into the center of the prepared crust and gently spread it towards the edges, leaving a 1-inch border. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 4 hours, or up to overnight.
Top the pizza:
- Remove the spring form pan from the freezer 10 minutes before you want to start decorating the pizza; allowing the crust to thaw slightly will help it separate from the pan. Remove the pizza from the pan and transfer it to a serving platter. Layer blueberries on the crust, starting at the outer edge of the cashew cream and working in a circle towards the center. Sprinkle with lemon zest and mint; serve immediately. Store any leftovers tightly covered in the freezer.
Omit bee pollen if making a vegan version.