Looking to make a mocktail? This syrup is wonderful with sparkling water as a homemade soda. It’s even great over vanilla ice cream!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 8 apricots, pits removed then cut into quarters
- 1-2 tablespoons orange blossom water
- Combine the sugar, water, and apricots in a heavy bottomed saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Once boiling reduce the heat to a simmer and cook stirring occasionally for 25 -30 minutes until the fruit has completely broken down. Allow the mixture to cool.
- Strain the syrup through a fine mesh strainer discarding the solids.
- Add the orange blossom water to the syrup and stir to combine.
- Syrup can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days.
To make a drink
- If making a soda, fill your glass with ice. Then fill the glass half full with syrup and top with champagne or sparkling water.