The perfect sandwich for fall! Roasted sweet potatoes pair nicely with cilantro cashew cream and toasted pumpkin seed oil dressed baby spinach.
- *1 large sweet potato; scrubbed,peeled, and sliced into rounds
- 1 Tbsp.olive oil
- 2 handfuls baby spinach, washed and dried well
- 1 1/2 tsp toasted pumpkin seed oil
- kosher salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp. cilantro cashew cream, recipe follows
- 4 slices gluten-free & vegan bread, I used a light Teff loaf that I baked
- 1. Heat the oven to 400°F with a rack in the lower-middle of the oven. Brush a baking sheet lined with parchment with some of the olive oil and set aside.
- 2.Peel the sweet potatoes then slice into rounds about 1/2″ thick. Lay them on the baking sheet in a single layer. Brush the tops with more olive oil, and season with salt and freshly cracked pepper. Bake until the rounds are browned, tender, and look toasted on the undersides, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- 3. Meanwhile, toss the baby spinach with the toasted pumpkin seed oil, salt, and pepper to taste. Then spread a thin layer of cashew cream on each slice of bread. Top each slice with half of the spinach and pile high with roasted sweet potato slices. Top with the other slice of bread and serve.
- * I roasted a few sweet potatoes at a time for easy sandwich assembly later in the week
- Serving Size: 2