We love this spread served with crackers, but it is straight up magical as a schmear for sandwiches or on top of a tostada with our jammy Instant Pot Collard Greens!
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 1/2 cups cooked blacked eyed peas, drained
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- olive oil for drizzling, paprika, red pepper flakes, Maldon sea salt, and black pepper.
- Place the garlic in the bowl of a food processor or a high powered blender and process until finely chopped. Add the black-eyed peas, extra-virgin olive oil, tahini, lemon juice, smoked paprika, salt; and black pepper. Process until smooth.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and drizzle with a bit more olive oil then sprinkle with paprika, red pepper flakes, Maldon sea salt, and black pepper for garnish.
If using canned black eyed peas you will need to drain and rinse 2 (15-ounce) cans. Be sure that the canned black eyed peas you purchase are unseasoned.