Don’t let the prep time intimidate you, an hour of it is chill time and these cookies are AMAZING!!! They can be baked up crispy or soft and taste like a really intense Oreo cookie, but better! Don’t just bake them up for this ice cream cake – make homemade ice cream sandwiches, homemade Oreo cookies and cookie crusts for no-bake pies. The possibilities are only limited by your imagination!
- In the bowl of a stand mixer cream together the butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla until light and airy, about 2 minutes
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl whisk together the Pamela’s Grain Free Nut Flour Blend, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix until just combined. Add the milk and mix to combine.
- Form the dough into two logs approximately 1 ½ inches thick. Wrap well with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Working with one log of dough at a time, roll the log on the counter, in the plastic wrap, until it is perfectly round. Slice the cookie dough into coins approximately ¼ thick. (see note)
- Place the dough onto the baking sheets with about 1 ½ inches between them. Bake 4 minutes, rotate the pan and bake an additional 4 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes before transferring the cookies to the rack to cool completely.
1/8 inch thick rounds of cookie dough will bake up nice and crisp with an additional minute of bake time while 1/4 inch thick rounds bake up and cool slightly chewy at the 4 minute cook time.
Keywords: gluten free, wafer cookie, chocolate