Don’t forget that this dessert has to set in the freezer. Be sure to plan for at least 6 hours in the freezer before serving.
- 2 cups raspberries
- 1 pint raspberry sorbet, softened
- 2 dozen chocolate wafer cookies
- 1 pint vanilla bean ice cream, softened
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 tablespoon non-hydrogenated vegetable shortening
- Line a loaf pan with plastic wrap leaving 2 inches of overhang on each side.
- Place 1 cup of fresh raspberries in the bottom of the loaf pan and freeze for 30 minutes until the berries have firmed up a bit.
- Spread the raspberry sorbet in an even layer over the partially frozen berries making sure that the layer is level.
- Create a cookie layer by laying cookies in rows of 2, slightly overlapping so that no sorbet is showing.
- Spread the softened vanilla bean ice cream over the cookie layer and smooth it out into an even layer.
- Top with an additional layer of cookies then cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 6-8 hours or overnight.
- Right before serving place the chocolate chips and shortening in a microwave-safe bowl and heat in 15-20 second increments at 50% power, stirring in between each cook time until smooth, set aside.
- Remove the plastic wrap from the top of the pan, invert onto a serving dish and remove the rest of the plastic wrap. Top with the remaining raspberries and drizzle with the melted chocolate. Serve immediately.
Keywords: gluten free, frozen