- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup organic popcorn kernels
- fine sea salt, to taste
- 1/3 cup finely grated Parmesan or Pecorino cheese
- 1/2 – 1 tablespoon freshly ground black black pepper
- Heat the oil and popcorn in a large, deep metal pot over high heat. Have the pot lid ready!! When the first kernels of popcorn begin to pop cover with the lid and slide the pan around vigorously over the heat to move the kernels in the pan. Listen for the popping to slow then remove from the heat.
- If the pan fills up before the kernels are finished popping simply transfer some of the popped corn to a large bowl, replace the lid and move the pan back over the heat until all of the popcorn is popped. Set aside.
- Transfer the popcorn to a large mixing bowl, season with salt to taste then add Parmesan and pepper. Toss to combine. Serve immediately.