Our Cheesy Chorizo Sausage Balls are great for holiday entertaining, on the go snacks, and even the lunchbox!
- 1 1/2 pound chorizo sausage, casing removed, crumbled
- 2 cups baking mix or gluten free baking mix, see notes
- 1 (1-pound) bag Tillamook Mexican 4 Cheese Farmstyle Thick Cut Shreds
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened, broken into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
- In a large bowl, combine the chorizo, baking mix, Tillamook Mexican 4 Cheese Farmstyle Thick Cut Shreds, and softened cream cheese. Use your hands to work the ingredients together in the bowl. This can take a few minutes and may seem like you need more of a liquid, but just be patient and it will all come together.
- Use a mini ice cream scoop or a tablespoon to form the mixture into walnut sized balls and place on the prepared baking sheets about an inch apart.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, turning halfway through, until golden brown and sausage is cooked through.
Make ahead tip for the holidays: Pre-cooked sausage balls may be frozen and then reheated at 350° F for approximately 10 minutes.
Gluten Free Bisquick
Makes approximately 3 1/2 cups mix
2 cups finely ground sweet white rice flour, 1 cup tapioca starch, 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon xanthan gum, 1/2 cup solid vegetable shortening
In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the “S” blade combine all of the dry ingredients. Process until completely combined, about 2 minutes. Add the vegetable shortening to the processor and pulse until no pieces of shortening are visible. About 8-10 pulses. The mix should have the same consistency as finely grated Parmesan cheese. Store in an airtight container for up to 8 weeks.
Keywords: sausage balls, chorizo sausage balls, cheesey sausage balls, gluten free sausage balls