Our Cheesy Chorizo Sausage Balls are great for holiday entertaining, on the go snacks, and even the lunchbox!
Don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think about these Cheesy Chorizo Sausage Balls in the comments below. I just love hearing from you and your reviews/comments really help other people that visit This Mess is Ours!
- 1 1/2 pound chorizo sausage, casing removed, crumbled
- 2 cups baking mix or gluten free baking mix, see notes
- 1 (1-pound) bag Tillamook Mexican 4 Cheese Farmstyle Thick Cut Shreds
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened, broken into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
- In a large bowl, combine the chorizo, baking mix, Tillamook Mexican 4 Cheese Farmstyle Thick Cut Shreds, and softened cream cheese. Use your hands to work the ingredients together in the bowl. This can take a few minutes and may seem like you need more of a liquid, but just be patient and it will all come together.
- Use a mini ice cream scoop or a tablespoon to form the mixture into walnut sized balls and place on the prepared baking sheets about an inch apart.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, turning halfway through, until golden brown and sausage is cooked through.
Make ahead tip for the holidays: Pre-cooked sausage balls may be frozen and then reheated at 350° F for approximately 10 minutes.
Gluten Free Bisquick
Makes approximately 3 1/2 cups mix
2 cups finely ground sweet white rice flour, 1 cup tapioca starch, 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon xanthan gum, 1/2 cup solid vegetable shortening
In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the “S” blade combine all of the dry ingredients. Process until completely combined, about 2 minutes. Add the vegetable shortening to the processor and pulse until no pieces of shortening are visible. About 8-10 pulses. The mix should have the same consistency as finely grated Parmesan cheese. Store in an airtight container for up to 8 weeks.
Keywords: sausage balls, chorizo sausage balls, cheesey sausage balls, gluten free sausage balls