Try topping leftovers of this meal with a fried egg for breakfast! It’s honestly one of our favorite ways to start the day.
Don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think about this Chicken Sheet Pan Tacos Recipe in the comments below. I just love hearing from you and your reviews/comments really help other people that visit This Mess is Ours!
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1–2 teaspoons gluten free taco seasoning, depending on taste
- 4–5 baby sweet potatoes washed well
- 1 1/2 bunches of purple kale, stalks removed and leaves roughly chopped
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained well
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- cilantro leaves
- Flatout light wraps or Flatout gluten free wraps
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Place the chicken in a bowl and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil then season with salt, pepper and 1/2 teaspoon of taco seasoning. Stir to coat then set aside.
- Lay 2 wooden spoons flat on a cutting board and place a sweet potato in between the handles of the spoons. Carefully slice the sweet potatoes until the knife stops on the wooden spoon handle. This will allow you to cut thin slices without slicing all the way through the potato. Continue this process until all of the sweet potatoes are sliced Hasselback style. Arrange the sweet potatoes on a sheet pan then drizzle with half of the olive oil and season liberally with salt and pepper. Place the prepared chicken onto the sheet pan with the potatoes and roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl combine the kale, red onions, black beans, and tomatoes. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, taco seasoning, salt, and pepper then mix well to combine. After the potatoes have roasted for 20 minutes arrange the kale and black bean mixture on the pan around the potatoes then brush the potatoes with the remaining olive oil making sure that the oil drips down in between the potato slices. Put the pan back into the oven and roast for another 10-15 minutes until the potatoes are crispy on the outside and perfectly tender on the inside, the chicken is cooked through with no pink remaining and the kale is starting to crisp.
- Garnish the pan with cilantro leaves and pepitas then serve with guacamole and Flatout wraps.