I like to make a big batch of chili for dinner one night then use the leftovers for Chili Frito Pie a few nights later. It’s two totally different meals that my family can’t get enough of!
- 2 cups corn chips, Frito’s and Trader Joe’s brands are gluten free
- 1 batch Mexican green rice, recipe follows or Mexican Red Rice
- 4 cups homemade chili
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese or jalapeño jack cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
- lime wedges
- Optional, but also delicious: avocado, sour cream, green onions, pipits
- Divide the corn chips between 4 serving bowls. Layer each bowl with Mexican green rice, chili, and toppings of choice. Serve immediately.