Make your own gluten free graham cracker crumbs at home by pulsing gluten free graham crackers in the food processor until they are fine crumbs. We used Pamela’s brand gluten free graham crackers, but any brand will work!
- 2 sticks softened butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups gluten free all purpose flour ( I used Cup 4 Cup brand )
- 1 cup gluten free graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (10 – ounce) bag of gluten free chocolate chunks
- 3 cups mini marshmallows or vegan mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup gluten free chocolate chips
- 1/2 tablespoon non-hydrogenated vegetable shortening
- Line a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with foil, leaving a 2-inch overhang on two sides then lightly coat the foil with cooking spray or a flavorless oil. Preheat the oven to 350° F
- Beat the butter and sugars with a mixer on medium-high speed until fluffy; add the eggs and vanilla, beat until incorporated.
- Reduce the speed to low then add the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda and salt; beat until combined.
- Fold in the bag of chocolate chunks then spread into the prepared pan or press in using damp fingers. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes then transfer to a rack and let cool completely in the pan.
- Once cooled top the cookie bar with the marshmallows and place under the broiler until the marshmallows are perfectly toasted, remove from the oven.
- Place the chocolate chips and the shortening in a small microwavable bowl – heat in 15-20 second intervals at 50% power, stirring in between cook times until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Transfer to a pastry bag with a very small tip and drizzle the chocolate over the top of the marshmallows.
- Allow the chocolate to set completely before removing the cookie bars from the pan and cutting.