- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pound butternut squash, peeled, halved, seeds removed and cut into chunks
- 1 brown onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup honey
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment and set aside.
- Combine the oil, squash, onion, garlic, honey, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl and toss to combine.
- Pour the prepared vegetables onto the baking sheet and roast in the oven for 35-40 minutes until the squash is tender and cooked through. Allow to cool slightly.
- Working in batches puree half of the vegetable mixture with half of the vegetable stock until completely smooth.
- Pour into a large stock pot then repeat the process with the other half of the vegetables and stock.
- Once all of the soup has been pureed and is in the stockpot add the cream and bring the soup to a boil over high heat. Once boiling reduce the heat to low and simmer for 3-5 minutes until slightly thickened.
Adapted from Donna Hay Seasons