- 1 medium green bell pepper, cored and cut into chunks
- 1 large jalapeno, stemmed, seeds removed, and cut into chunks
- 1 large poblano pepper, stemmed, and cut into chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup raw slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- On a large baking sheet combine the bell pepper, jalapeno, poblano, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat and roast in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Toss the almonds on top of the peppers and roast for an additional 6-8 minutes until the almonds are golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the “S” blade combine the roasted peppers and almonds, cilantro, vinegar, and water. Process to a chunky puree.
- Sauce can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Adapted from Food & Wine