- coconut oil for greasing pans
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 whole egg
- 1 1/4 cups whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large apples, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 320° F. Grease 4 X 1 1/4 cup capacity oven safe dishes liberaly with coconut oil. Set aside.
- Place the sugar in the carafe of a high speed blender. Process on high until the sugar has turned into a white powder. (This is a great tip to have whenever recipes call for caster sugar!)
- Add the egg yolks, whole egg, whipping cream, and vanilla to the sugar in the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Layer the slices of apples in the greased dishes then divide the egg mixture evenly amongst the 4 dishes over the apples. Sprinkle eat dish with 1/4 of the cinnamon.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the custards are firm, serve warm.