- 1/2 cup superfine brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup superfine sweet white rice flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum or guar gum
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 ounces dark chocolate, melted
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a muffin pan with liners, set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, cornstarch, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the eggs and sugar. Add the melted butter, buttermilk, vanilla and pumpkin, whisk to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk just until no lumps remain.
- Divide the batter in half. Then add the melted chocolate and cocoa powder to half of the batter; stir to combine.
- Use 2 small ice cream scoops or spoons to make layers of batter in the muffin cups alternating between pumpkin and chocolate. Use a table knife to swirl through the batter in a figure 8 pattern. Bake for 30 minutes until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Remove and cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.