- melted coconut oil for greasing pan
- 5 tablespoons vegan butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free ginger snap cookie crumbs (I used Trader Joe’s brand)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 1/2 cups raw cashews, soaked in water for 4–6 hours, drained, and rinsed well
- 3/4 cup prepared cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut, optional
- Lightly grease the bottoms and sides of an 8-inch spring form pan with coconut oil and set aside.
- Combine the melted butter, ginger cookie crumbs, brown sugar, and salt in mixing bowl and stir until completely combined. Pour the mixture into the prepared spring form pan and press the mixture firmly into the bottom of the pan in an even layer. Place the pan in the freezer for approximately 20 minutes for the crust to firm up.
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the “S” blade combine the cashews, cranberry sauce, orange juice, honey, and fresh cranberries. Process for 5-7 minutes until completely smooth. Pour the filling over the chilled crust and spread the top into an even layer. Gently tap the pan against the counter to release any air bubbles in the filling, cover with foil, and freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
- minutes before serving transfer the cake from the freezer to the refrigerator to thaw slightly. Before serving sprinkle with sweetened coconut if desired, remove the cake from the pan and slice to serve.
Prep time does not include the time it takes to freeze the cake.
For any leftover cake – wrap tightly and store in the freezer.