- 1 13 1/2 ounce can coconut milk, unstirred
- 3 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 3 tablespoons Tamari gluten free soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sriracha, optional
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 large delicata squash, seeds removed and sliced into 11/4-inch half moons
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
- 1 small yellow onion, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1/2 cup salted cashews
- To serve:
- 2/3 cup cilantro leaves
- lime wedges
- 4 servings of prepared jasmine rice
- Measure 3 tablespoons of the thickened cream from the coconut milk and place it in a 6-quart pot. Whisk in the curry paste and cook over medium-high heat, whisking frequently, until the mixture is fragrant and slightly darker in color, about 5 minutes. Add the remaining coconut cream and milk from the can along with the tamari, brown sugar, water, sriracha, and ginger; whisk until combined. Bring to a simmer and add the broccoli, squash, sweet potato, and yellow onion. Partially cover, turn the heat down to medium, and continue simmering, stirring occasionally, until the squash and potatoes are tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast the cashews in a small skillet over medium-high heat, stirring frequently until dark in spots, about 4 minutes. Set aside.
- Stir the cashews into the pot and serve over rice with a sprinkle of cilantro leaves and lime wedges .
If you have kaffir lime leaves drop one or two in with the curry as it simmers. So good!!