Don’t have the time to make your own pumpkin butter? Trader Joe’s sells jars of it this time of year. Do yourself a favor though and grab a couple of them because they sell out fast!
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free pancake mix, I use Pamela’s
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- pinch of kosher salt
- 1/2 cup pumpkin butter
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- coconut bacon
- toasted pecans
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the pancake mix with the pumpkin pie spice and salt; set aside.
- In a sperate bowl whisk together the pumpkin butter, buttermilk, egg, butter an sugar until completely smooth.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir to mix well.
- heat a nonstick pan or griddle over medium heat. Drop a thin pat of butter onto the pan and spread it around to coat. Scoop the batter by 1/4 cup-fuls onto the pan an cook until bubbles start to form and the pancake is set on the bottom, flip and cook a little longer until both sides are golden brown.
- repeat until all batter has been used.
- Serve with a sprinkle of toasted pecans, coconut bacon and warm maple syrup.