For the salad
- 1 pound fingerling Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed & halved
- 1 delicata squash, ends removed, hollowed out, and cut into 1/2 inch thick rings
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup goat cheese crumbles
For the vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup pomegranate vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- pinch of sugar
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl toss the potatoes with 1/3 of the olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread onto 1/2 of one of the baking sheets. Toss the Brussels sprouts with 1/3 of the olive oil, salt and pepper and pour onto the baking sheet. Do the same with the delicata squash rings. Once all of the veggies are on the baking sheets on an even layer roast them in the oven, turning once for 30-35 minutes. Check the veggies close to the end of the coking time and remove smaller pieces that may be done before the larger ones. Once all of the veggies are cooked through allow them to cool slightly.
Assemble the salad
- Spread the spinach out onto a large platter and top with the roasted veggies. Sprinkle the pomegranate seeds and goat cheese. Serve immediately with the dressing on the side.
Make the dressing
- In a mason jar combine the pomegranate vinegar, Dijon mustard, salt, pepper, sugar, and olive oil. Securely tighten the lid and shake the contents vigorously until emulsified.
To make this salad vegan simply omit the goat cheese crumbles