We love these taquitos as-is, but they are also great filled with our salsa chicken!
- olive oil spray or nonstick cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup vegan “beef”broth
- 2 cups Gardein Ultimate Beefless Ground
- 10 gluten free flour or regular flour tortillas
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Preheat the oven to 425° F. Spray a large baking sheet with olive oil spray and set aside.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until translucent, about 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more or until fragrant. Add the tomato paste, paprika, salt, oregano, chili powder, black pepper, and the broth. Stir to combine. Add the Gardein Ultimate Beefless Ground and cook for 2-3 minutes until warmed through. Set aside to cool slightly.
Lay a tortilla on a flat surface and sprinkle the top with about a tablespoon of cheese. Add 2-3 tablespoons of filling, depending on the size of your tortilla, along one edge of the tortilla. Then starting at the side with the filling, tightly roll the tortilla up and place on the prepared sheet pan seam side down. repeat the process with the remaining tortillas and filling.
Spray the taquitos generously with olive oil spray. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until taquitos are golden brown and crispy. Remove from the oven and serve warm with salsa and desired toppings.