- 1 medium sized head purple or white cauliflower, cut into florets. (about 3 cups)
- 2 small broccoli crowns, cut into florets (about 2 cups)
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- * 1 cup cooked black rice
- 1 cup Romesco sauce, recipe in post
- **1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the cauliflower and broccoli on the sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil, then sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Roast the veggies for approximately 20-25 minutes flipping halfway through. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Divide the cooked rice between 3 bowls, pile roasted veggies on top of the rice, drizzle prepared Romesco sauce, and top with a sprinkle of toasted almonds.
* If you don’t have precooked rice on hand then you will need to make 1 cup uncooked rice for 3 cups of cooked rice.
**See the recipe for Romesco sauce for how to toast almonds.