- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 jarred roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup ten Free and Vegan)”>homemade vegetable broth
- Toast the almonds: Preheat a large, heavy bottomed pan, over medium-low heat. Pour the sliced almonds in the pan in a single layer. Toss frequently until fragrant and golden brown, around 5-7 minutes.
- Place the toasted almonds in a high powered blender or the bowl of a food processor fitted with the “S” blade and pulse into fine crumbs. Add the garlic and pulse until finely chopped. Add the chopped roasted red peppers, olive oil, red wine vinegar, paprika, and salt, then puree until smooth. You will need to stop and scrape the sides every now and then to ensure hat everything has been incorporated. If your blender or food processor is having a hard time blending the sauce add the vegetable broth 1 tablespoon at a time until there is enough liquid for the machine to operate properly.
This recipe for Romesco sauce is slightly adapted from one of my all-time favorite cookbooks Isa Does It!