Top tacos and sandwiches with this tangy slaw or just eat it as a side dish!
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno chile, minced
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 1/2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 2 scallions, light and dark green parts
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, minced
- In a small bowl whisk the mustard, lime juice, garlic and jalapeno together. Slowly drizzle in the oil while whisking the mustard mixture.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the red and green cabbage, carrots, and scallions. Toss with the dressing then season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to serve. (For best results, allow the slaw to chill for at least an hour so that the flavors can develop and the cabbage soften.)
- Before serving toss with the cilantro.