Have filling left over after stuffing all of your eggs? It’s great eaten with chips just like you would regular guacamole or spread on toast and topped with a hearty sprinkling of Cotija cheese!
- 6 eggs
- 1 avocado, pit removed and peeled
- 3 tablespoons finely minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon finely minced jalapeno, seeds, and ribs removed if desired
- 1 tablespoon finely minced cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 small clove garlic, grated on a Microplane
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- finely diced red onion
- cilantro leaves
- crushed tortilla chips
- Place the eggs in a large pot and fill with cold water until the eggs are covered with one-inch of water. Cover with a lid.
- Bring to a rolling boil, and remove from heat. Let eggs sit covered for 8-10 minutes.
- remove from the water and immediately place the eggs in an ice water bath for a few minutes to chill.
- Once cooled, remove the eggs from their shells and cut in half vertically.
- Remove the yolk from the whites and place the yolks in a mixing bowl. Set the whites aside.
- Break the yolks up into small pieces with a fork then add the avocado, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, and garlic to the bowl. Continue to mash the ingredients with a fork until well incorporated. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the filling to a small Ziploc bag, seal, then use scissors to snip off a small section of one of the corners to create a piping bag. Pipe the filling into the cooked egg whites.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of finely diced red onions, cilantro leaves, and crushed tortilla chips. Serve immediately.