If there is one snack food that reigns supreme in our house, it would have to be chips and guacamole! Honestly, a gigantic bowl of homemade guac has served as an entire meal in our home on more than one occasion. It's unsurprisingly met with cheers of excitement on the rare instances that it happens. Because my family loves all things chips and guac, I decided to 'guac'ify the deviled eggs at our Easter table. These avocado deviled eggs are a hit with the whole family!
Yep, you read that right. Chips and guac deviled eggs are now totally a thing!
Avocado deviled eggs are easy to make and delicious.
Don't worry that this recipe is complicated either. These avocado deviled eggs look extravagant, but are actually quite simple; trust me. If you can mash avocados in a bowl, you can definitely make these deviled eggs. Everyone at your Easter table will be super impressed!
If you’ve tried this Chips and Guac Deviled Eggs Recipe, I would be so grateful if you would rate it. Let me know what you think in the comments below. I just love hearing from you and your reviews and comments really help others that visit This Mess is Ours!Print
Chips and Guac Deviled Eggs
Have filling left over after stuffing all of your eggs? It's great eaten with chips just like you would regular guacamole or spread on toast and topped with a hearty sprinkling of Cotija cheese!
Don’t forget to rate the recipe, and let me know what you think about these Chips and Guac Deviled Eggs in the comments below. I just love hearing from you. Your reviews/comments really help other people that visit This Mess is Ours!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 1 dozen 1x
- 6 eggs
- 1 avocado, pit removed and peeled
- 3 tablespoons finely minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon finely minced jalapeno, seeds, and ribs removed if desired
- 1 tablespoon finely minced cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 small clove garlic, grated on a Microplane
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- finely diced red onion
- cilantro leaves
- crushed tortilla chips
- Place the eggs in a large pot and fill with cold water until the eggs are covered with one-inch of water. Cover with a lid.
- Bring to a rolling boil, and remove from heat. Let eggs sit covered for 8-10 minutes.
- remove from the water and immediately place the eggs in an ice water bath for a few minutes to chill.
- Once cooled, remove the eggs from their shells and cut in half vertically.
- Remove the yolk from the whites and place the yolks in a mixing bowl. Set the whites aside.
- Break the yolks up into small pieces with a fork then add the avocado, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, and garlic to the bowl. Continue to mash the ingredients with a fork until well incorporated. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the filling to a small Ziploc bag, seal, then use scissors to snip off a small section of one of the corners to create a piping bag. Pipe the filling into the cooked egg whites.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of finely diced red onions, cilantro leaves, and crushed tortilla chips. Serve immediately.
Want to be a part of our online community outside of the blog? It’s easy!! All you have to do is follow @THISMESSISOURS on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, TWITTER, YOUTUBE, or PINTEREST to see cooking demos and peeks into our day to day life.
What are the health benefits of avocado?
Avocados are known worldwide as a superfood. It is one of the most nutrient rich foods out there. It boasts over 20 different vitamins and minerals with NO cholesterol or sodium. Avocados help to lower cholesterol levels, reduce the risk of heart disease, and improve gut health.
Click here for more information about the health benefits of avocado.
Frequently Asked Questions
SaveSaveWant to be a part of our online community outside of the blog? It’s easy!! All you have to do is follow @THISMESSISOURS on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, TWITTER, YOUTUBE, or PINTEREST to see cooking demos and peeks into our day to day life.Want to be a part of our online community outside of the blog? It’s easy!! All you have to do is follow @THISMESSISOURS on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, TWITTER, YOUTUBE, or PINTEREST to see cooking demos and peeks into our day to day life.
joy maxwell says
can't wait to make them for tomorrow's Easter Brunch! thanks beautiful Meg!!!
Awww happy birthday and happy Easter! I hope your sweet family loved these!
I've made these several times. They are delicious and can be done ahead of time. So pretty too! Thanks for including a picture on the printable recipe. Any way to get it to print on one page of paper?
I am so glad you like them!! They are a house favorite over here. I am so glad that you like the new recipe card we are using. I am not sure though how to get the printed pages down to 1. So sorry!
Cheryl Landolt says
Love the video!! Gonna make these but use carob chips! Yum!!