Our favorite vanilla almond milk gets an update with the addition of coconut and coconut cream.
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup flaked unsweetened coconut, I use Bob’s Red Mill
- 3.5 cups of filtered water, plus more for soaking
- 1 can full fat coconut cream
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped or 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1–3 Tbsp. evaporated cane syrup (you could use maple syrup, agave, or honey instead)
- Place the almonds and coconut in a bowl and cover with water. Allow to soak overnight. In the morning drain the soaking liquid and rinse the almonds and coconut until the water runs clear.
- Combine the soaked almonds and coconut with 3.5 cups of filtered water in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. This usually takes me about 2 or 3 minutes. Strain the mixture through a fine mesh sieve lined with cheesecloth or a nut milk bag.
- Return the strained milk back into the blender with the remaining ingredients and blend until combined. Add more or less salt or sweetener to taste.