Double this recipe so you can have delicious portable lunches all week long!
Fast & Smoky Black Beans
- 2 cans unseasoned black beans & liquid
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
For the crispy taco cups
- 1 (8-count package) Mission Gluten Free Soft Taco Tortillas
- 1 recipe Fast & Smoky Black Beans
- 1 cup jalapeno jack cheese
- 1 egg white, beaten lightly
- avocado, cherry tomatoes, hibiscus cashew cream, cilantro, sour cream, pickled onions and jalapenos
Start the beans:
- Place all of the ingredients into a medium-sized saucepan and simmer on low for 5-8 minutes.
Make the taco cups
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Generously coat a 6-well muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Drain the black beans and set aside.
- Cut the Mission Gluten Free Soft Taco Tortillas into squares and cut each large square into 4 smaller ones. Line each well of the muffin tin with 2 squares of tortilla (one slightly overlapping the other so the bottom of the muffin well is completely covered.) Fill each well with 2 tablespoons drained black beans and a teaspoon or two of cheese. Top each well with 2 more tortilla squares, pressing down gently to compact the bottom layer. Add another tablespoon of black beans and a generous sprinkle of cheese on top of each tortilla cup.
- Brush the exposed part of the tortillas with the beaten egg white and bake in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes.
Don’t throw away those tortilla scraps! Toast them in the oven or fry them in a bit of oil to make crispy tortilla strips for topping salads, soups or for snacking!