This granola is great on its own, in a bowl of yogurt, served with almond milk, and even sprinkled over ice cream!
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raw unpasteurized honey
- 3/4 cup raw, unsalted almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup raw, unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup raw, unsalted pepitas
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Earl Grey tea leaves, ground in coffee/spice grinder
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried strawberries, we used a mixed chewy dried strawberries and crunchy freeze-dried strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 300°F. In a large bowl, combine the oats, honey, almonds, sunflower seeds, pepitas, olive oil, tea, zest, and salt. Spread the mixture on a rimmed baking sheet in an even layer roughly 1/4-inch thick. Give it a light press and bake for 35 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, until toasty and golden brown.
- Once cooled, transfer the granola to a large bowl and break apart; fold in the strawberries. Store in an airtight container in the pantry or fridge for 4-8 weeks.
Looking for a decaf version of this granola? Heather suggests using a rooibos-based Earl Grey tea.