Prep and cook time doesn’t include 1 hour rise time for the dough.
- 4 ounces raw, blanched almonds
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese
- 1 ounce extra virgin olive oil, plus more for greasing
- 8 ounces water, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce or 2 1/4 teaspoons) Rapid Rise instant yeast
- 10 ounces gluten free all purpose flour, I use Pamela’s All-Purpose Flour Gluten Free Artisan Blend
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
For the Marinara Sauce
- 8 ounces red onion, cut into quarters
- 2 ounces unsalted butter
- 1 ounce raw cashews, soaked in hot water for 30 minutes
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
To make the dough
- Place the raw blanched almonds in the mixing bowl and grind 1 min / speed 10. Transfer to a bowl.
- Place the Parmesan cheese in the mixing bowl and grind 10 sec / speed 10. Transfer to the bowl with the ground almonds. Rinse out mixing bowl.
- Lightly grease a large bowl with olive oil and set aside.
- Place water, sugar, and yeast into mixing bowl and mix 20 sec / speed 2.
- Add the gluten free flour, extra virgin olive oil, salt, and the ground almond and Parmesan mixture to the bowl. Knead for 2 min.
- Use the spatula to scrape the dough into the prepared bowl and form into a ball. Cover the bowl with cling wrap and let the dough rise for 1 hour.
- To cook the dough:
- Preheat the oven to 450°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Lightly grease the parchment paper then transfer the pizza dough onto the parchment.
- With wet hands shape the dough into a 12-inch circle leaving a slight ridge on the outer edge for the crust. If the dough begins to stick to your hands, simply wet your hands again and continue shaping the dough.
- Bake the pizza for 15 minutes.
- Spread the desired sauce onto the pizza then top with cheese and toppings. Bake for an additional 5-7 minutes until cheese is melted. Broil on high for 2-3 minutes to brown the cheese and crust.
To make the marinara sauce
- Place the red onion into the mixing bow and chop 5 sec / speed 5. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Add the butter and raw cashews to the mixing bowl. Sauté 5 min / 250°F / speed 1. Scrape down sides of bowl wth spatula.
- Add the tomatoes, bouillon cube, and salt to the mixing bowl, hold the measuring cup in place and blend speed 8 / 1 min.
- Cook for 15 min / 212°F / speed 2 . Serve hot with pasta or use as pizza sauce.
Although not a lot of extra equipment is needed to make this recipe you will need these items:
baking sheet ( approx 16-in x 14-in ) or perforated pizza pan