- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- ¼ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cup Pamela’s Nut Flour Blend or blanched almond flour
- 3 tablespoons tapioca flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
For the chocolate version add 1 tablespoon black cocoa to the dry ingredients
- Preheat a pizzelle maker with 4 ½-inch molds.
- If solid, melt the ghee in a small saucepan and allow it to cool slightly.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the whole egg, egg white, sugar,vanilla and melted ghee until smooth. Add the flours and salt (and cocoa powder if using) whisk until smooth again. Let the batter rest for about 5 minutes.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of the batter onto the center of the pizzelle/waffle cone maker. Close the lid and cook for 30–60 seconds or until the cookie is done.
- Place the cookie on the countertop and immediately shape it with a cone roller or by hand. Hold the cone on the roller until it feels like it will hold its shape. It will set quickly as it cools. If it doesn’t crisp up once cooled, then you know it needs to cook longer. If your machine browns the cookie more on one side than the other, flip the cookie halfway through the cooking time for even browning.
- The cones are best eaten the day they are made, but can be stored in an airtight container for up to 24 hours before loosing their crispness.