For the dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey or Bee Free Honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- pinch of salt
For the salad
- olive oil for grill
- 1.5 pounds of peeled, seedless watermelon
- 1 8-ounce package Halloumi Cheese
- 3 tablespoons mint, minced
Make the dressing
- In a small bowl whisk together the zest, lime juice, honey, olive oil, salt & pepper. Set aside.
Grill the fruit and cheese
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Slice the watermelon into thick “steaks” or slabs to grill and slice the cheese into manageable pieces about 1/4 -1/2 inch thick. When the pan is heated brush it with olive oil then grill the melon and the cheese for 1-1.5 minutes per side until grill marks appear.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool. The watermelon will release juices as it rests, discard them.
- Dice the watermelon and halloumi into small pieces then toss with the prepared dressing and top with mint.