Don’t feel like breading and baking the goat cheese? You can simply crumble 4 ounces of goat cheese across the top of the salad instead. You can also substitute the pickled cranberries that we call for in this salad with dried cranberries.
Cinnamon Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 (12-ounce bag) Taylor Farms cauliflower florets, florets halved if large
- 2–3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons pomegranate juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Easy Kale Salad
- 1(5-ounce) package Taylor Farms Organic Power Greens, baby spinach & baby kale blend
- 1 batch cinnamon roasted cauliflower
- 1 small fennel bulb, sliced paper thin
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/2 cup rosemary Marcona almonds or regular toasted almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup pickled cranberries
- 1/4 cup fennel fronds
- 1 batch Crispy Potato Chip Crusted Goat Cheese Rounds, optional
Roast the cauliflower
- Preheat the oven to 450°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the florets onto the baking sheet, drizzle with the olive oil and spices, toss to combine. Arrange in a single layer and roast for 20 minutes , flipping once until golden brown and caramelized. Remove from the oven to cool.
Prep the dressing
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a mason jar, secure the lid on tightly and shake until emulsified and thickened. Set aside.
Assemble the salad
- Arrange the Taylor Farms Organic Power Greens on a large platter. Top with the shaved fennel, cinnamon roasted cauliflower, pomegranate arils, almonds, pickled cranberries, and fennel fronds. Serve immediately with crispy potato chip goat cheese rounds if desired.
Crispy Potato Chip Crusted Goat Cheese Rounds from Heartbeet Kitchen : http://heartbeetkitchen.com/2016/recipes/type/salad-recipes/crispy-chip-crusted-goat-cheese/
Pickled Cranberries: http://www.rodalesorganiclife.com/food/6-crazy-good-cranberry-recipes