- 1.5 cups raw unsalted cashews
- 3/4 cup filtered water, plus more for soaking
- juice of half of 1 large lemon
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Place the cashews in a bowl and fill with filtered water at least an inch above the cashews. Allow the cashews to soak for 30 minutes or up to overnight. Drain and rinse the cashews well.
- Place the cashews, filtered water, lemon juice, and salt in a
high poweredblender or food processor. Blend until desired consistency.
- Your cashew cream will last in the refrigerator for 3-4 days and can be frozen for up to 6 months. If you choose to freeze it be sure to run it through the blender really quick after you defrost it to eliminate any lumps.