Cashew Cream (Gluten Free & Vegan)
Uh oh!! Did you forget to soak your cashews? No worries! Check out the 'quick-soak method' in my blog post above. Now only 30 minutes stands between you and decadent cashew cream!
- Prep Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 8 minutes
- Yield: 2 cups 1x
- Category: Sauces
- Method: Soaked/Blended
- Cuisine: Vegan
- 1.5 cups raw unsalted cashews
- 3/4 cup filtered water, plus more for soaking
- juice of half of 1 large lemon
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- Place the cashews in a bowl and fill with filtered water at least an inch above the cashews. Allow the cashews to soak for 4-6 hours or up to overnight. Drain and rinse the cashews well.
- Place the cashews, filtered water, lemon juice, and salt in a high powered blender or food processor. Blend until desired consistency, stopping to scrape the sides as necessary.
- This cashew cream will last in the refrigerator for 3-4 days and can be frozen for up to 6 months. If you choose to freeze it be sure to run it through the blender really quick after you defrost it to eliminate any lumps.
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 77
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 75.3 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 5.3 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: cashew cream, vegan