- 2 cups raw blanched almonds, soaked in filtered water to cover overnight then rinsed and drained.
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1/3 teaspoon acidophilus, if desired but not necessary
- Combine the almonds, water, and acidophilus powder, if using, in a high speed blender. Puree until the mixture is smooth with some texture left to it, but there are no large chunks of almonds remaining.
- Place a fine mesh strainer over a bowl and line with cheesecloth. Then add the almond mixture to the strainer and allow it to drain for 8 hours at room temperature.
- Add herbs and spices immediately to achieve desired taste for the recipe you are creating and store any unused ricotta in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.