For the meat lovers at my table I like to toss shredded chicken into their bowls along with the pasta.
Don’t forget to rate the recipe, and let me know what you think about this One Pot Lemon, Broccoli, and Cauliflower Pasta in the comments below. I just love hearing from you. Your reviews/comments really help other people that visit This Mess is Ours!
- 1 (12-ounce) box gluten free penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- zest of 1 lemon and 1 tablespoon juice
- 1 cup thinly sliced broccoli florets
- 1 cup thinly sliced cauliflower florets
- 1/4 cup vegetable stock
- kosher salt, freshly cracked pepper
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Cook the penne in a large saucepan of salted boiling water according to manufacturers instructions or until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Return the pan to the heat and add the butter, garlic, and lemon zest. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the broccoli and cauliflower to the pot and cook for 4-5 minutes until they are just tender. Add the lemon juice, stock, salt, pepper, and pasta then toss to combine.
- Garnish with toasted almonds and Parmesan, serve immediately.