Busy weeknights call for easy dinners like this simple lemon pasta recipe with Broccoli & Cauliflower! There are so many nights that I find myself teetering on the edge of ordering takeout. Honestly, between after school activities, sports, and homework I sort of have my evenings carved out for me with minimal time for prepping and cooking. Luckily, I have a few recipes up my sleeve like this one that come together fast and everyone around our table enjoys!
Keep it simple with one pot to make this lemon pasta even easier.
This lemon pasta recipe is so simple it only requires one pot! If you’re like me the clean-up is always the worst part of the meal. But this recipe makes it simple. Adding the extra veggies like broccoli and cauliflower give it an extra wow factor – and makes it seem like it was harder to make than it really is. Listen, I’m all about the illusion of effort these days!
Keep this lemon pasta vegetarian – or not!
While this is lemon pasta recipe is an amazing vegetarian dish that my whole family loves, I sometimes like to spice it up for the meat-eaters at my table. Just toss in some shredded chicken (store-bought rotisserie makes it easy!) and you have added a whole new dimension to this epically easy meal!
But wait, there’s more!
And if you have any leftover rotisserie chicken try some of our family favorites! Easy and delicious – you won’t be disappointed!
If you’ve tried this One Pot Lemon, Broccoli, and Cauliflower Pasta Recipe, I would be so grateful if you would rate it. Let me know what you think in the comments below. I just love hearing from you, and your reviews and comments really help others that visit This Mess is Ours!Print
For the meat lovers at my table I like to toss shredded chicken into their bowls along with the pasta.
Don’t forget to rate the recipe, and let me know what you think about this One Pot Lemon, Broccoli, and Cauliflower Pasta in the comments below. I just love hearing from you. Your reviews/comments really help other people that visit This Mess is Ours!
- 1 (12-ounce) box gluten free penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- zest of 1 lemon and 1 tablespoon juice
- 1 cup thinly sliced broccoli florets
- 1 cup thinly sliced cauliflower florets
- 1/4 cup vegetable stock
- kosher salt, freshly cracked pepper
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Cook the penne in a large saucepan of salted boiling water according to manufacturers instructions or until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Return the pan to the heat and add the butter, garlic, and lemon zest. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the broccoli and cauliflower to the pot and cook for 4-5 minutes until they are just tender. Add the lemon juice, stock, salt, pepper, and pasta then toss to combine.
- Garnish with toasted almonds and Parmesan, serve immediately.
Want to be a part of our online community outside of the blog? It’s easy!! All you have to do is follow @THISMESSISOURS on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, TWITTER, YOUTUBE, or PINTEREST to see cooking demos and peeks into our day to day life.
What are the health benefits of broccoli?
Broccoli is full of necessary minerals, vitamins, and fiber. Perhaps the best way broccoli helps the body is with its antioxidants. They improve heart and eye health, among other things. The quality fiber in broccoli also helps greatly with digestive issues.
Click here for more information about the health benefits of broccoli.
Frequently Asked Questions