Busy weeknights call for easy dinners like this One Pot Lemon, Broccoli, & Cauliflower Pasta! There are so many nights that I find myself teetering on the edge of ordering takeout. Honestly, between after school activities, sports, and homework I sort of have my evenings carved out for me with minimal time for prepping and cooking. Luckily, I have a few recipes up my sleeve like this one that come together fast and everyone around our table enjoys!
For the meat lovers at my table I like to toss shredded chicken into their bowls along with the pasta.
- 1 (12-ounce) box gluten free penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- zest of 1 lemon and 1 tablespoon juice
- 1 cup thinly sliced broccoli florets
- 1 cup thinly sliced cauliflower florets
- 1/4 cup vegetable stock
- kosher salt, freshly cracked pepper
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Cook the penne in a large saucepan of salted boiling water according to manufacturers instructions or until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Return the pan to the heat and add the butter, garlic, and lemon zest. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the broccoli and cauliflower to the pot and cook for 4-5 minutes until they are just tender. Add the lemon juice, stock, salt, pepper, and pasta then toss to combine.
- Garnish with toasted almonds and Parmesan, serve immediately.