Printed with permission from: Erin Alderson and Fair Winds Press recipe from: The Easy Vegetarian Kitchen Cookbook
- 1 cup (100 g) gluten free rolled oats
- 1 cup (240 ml ) whole milk
- 1 cup (240 ml) water
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml ) maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Combine all of the ingredients into a medium sauce pan. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook until the oats are tender and have thickened, 12 to 15 minutes. Divide between 2 bowls and top with your favorite fruit, nuts, and/or a splash of cream.