The tomato side dish pictured with these egg in a hole’s is pretty simple, but insanely delicious. Just drizzle fresh sliced tomatoes with olive oil, salt, pepper and the crisped herbs and cheese leftover on the baking pan after you have cooked the egg in a hole’s.
- 4 gluten free sourdough rolls, I use Bread Srsly ( you could also use gluten free buns)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup mixed fresh chopped herbs: parsley, chives, thyme
- 4 teaspoons half and half
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- serve with hot sauce and avocado if desired
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Slice off the top of each roll and gently hollow out the bread until there is enough room to accommodate an egg. Save the extra bread for croutons or breadcrumbs. Arrange the hollowed out tools on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle the inside of each bread bowl with 1/2 teaspoon of the fresh herbs, salt, pepper and 1/2 tablespoon of Parmesan. Crack an egg into each roll, then top the rolls with a teaspoon of half and half in each. Then divide the remaining herbs and Parmesan among the bread bowls. Season again with salt and pepper.
- Bake until eggs are set and the bread is toasted, about 20 – 25 minutes. Serve warm with hot sauce and avocado on the side if desired.