Fresh organic strawberries pair with honey, lemon zest, and millet for a delectable gluten free muffin that is subtly sweet and has a great little crunch!
- 2 1/4 cups Better Batter Flour or other gluten free all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup raw millet
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup finely chopped organic strawberries
- 1/2 cup slightly melted slated butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 400° F with the rack in the upper third of the oven. Grease muffin pans with butter or line muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the Better Batter, millet, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl combine the wet ingredients and lemon zest, whisking well until the mixture is smooth. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until everything is incorporated. Divide the batter among the muffin cups, filling each one to just slightly below the rim.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the muffin tops are slightly browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for a few minutes then turn the muffins out of the pan to cool completely on a wire rack.
- These muffins have a subtle strawberry flavor that still allows for the lemon zest and honey to come through. Add up to a 1/2 cup chopped strawberries for a more intense strawberry flavor.
- This recipe makes approximately 10 standard sized muffins and 16 small muffins.