I love this veggie bake, because I can substitute any vegetable and any green I have on hand for those listed here and it always comes out great! My family particularly likes this version.
- 1 large zucchini squash, cut into large chunks
- 1 large yellow squash, cut into large chunks
- 4 medium new potatoes, unpeeled, cut into quarters
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white miso*
- 1 Tbsp. red Thai curry paste
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 1/2 cups Lacinato kale, tough stems removed and chopped
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/3 cup basil, chiffonade
- Preheat the oven to 400°F with a rack in the middle. Wash all of the vegetables and cut them into 1/2 inch thick cubes or half moons and place in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, miso, and curry paste. Measure out 1/3 cup of the mixture and and toss it in with the vegetables. Mixing until every veggie is coated in the sauce.
- Place the veggies on a large, rimmed baking sheet in a single layer and roast for 25-30 minutes, tossing every 10 minutes, until all of the veggies are tender and browned with crisp edges.
- While the veggies are roasting, whisk the lemon juice in with the remaining miso-curry dressing, then add the kale, spinach, and basil; toss until coated completely.
- Remove the roasted veggies from the oven and place them directly into the bowl with the greens and extra dressing. Toss to mix everything together and serve immediately over rice.
The American Miso Company makes several varieties of miso under the Miso Master brand. All are organic and many are gluten free, including chickpea (also soy free), brown rice, red miso, mellow white and sweet white.
- Serving Size: 4