Make this breakfast super fast for busy weekday mornings by slicing the sweet potatoes and making the salsa the night before.
- 1 large sweet potato, scrubbed clean then sliced lengthwise into 8–10 thin strips using a mandolin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small jalapeño, seeds and ribs removed
- 1/2 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro
- juice of 2 large limes, about 1/4 cup
- Litehouse Avocado Dip
- cilantro leaves
- red pepper flakes
- Maldon salt and coarsely ground black pepper
To make the sweet potato toast
- Preheat the oven to 450° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the sweet potato toasts on the sheet pan and lightly brush them with olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper Roast in the oven, flipping once for 15 – 20 minutes until cooked through and browning around the edges.
- Alternatively if using a toaster oven: Slice the sweet potato lengthwise into ¼ inch thick slices, place the slices of sweet potato in a toaster on high for 5 minutes or until cooked through. You will probably need to toast multiple times to cook all the way.
To make the black bean salsa
- While the sweet potato toasts combine the black beans, jalapeño, red onion, cilantro, and lime juice in a bowl. Season to taste with salt and black pepper and set aside to marinate.
- Spread 1 tablespoon Litehouse Avocado Dip on each sweet potato toast. To with a heaping spoonful of salsa, cilantro, and a sprinkling of pepitas. Season with red pepper flakes, Maldon salt, and pepper. Serve immediately.