This recipe makes a big batch of vegan sour cream and you will definitely have more left over! This cashew based sauce is great drizzled over baked potatoes, burrito bowls, tacos or even nachos.
- 1 cup raw cashew pieces, soaked in water for 4–8 hours; rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 heaping teaspoon light agave nectar
- 1/4– 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt, or more to taste
- Combine the soaked cashews, water, lime juice, agave nectar and sea salt in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the “S” blade and process until completely smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed, about 2 minutes.
- Store in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator.