- 1 batch Gluten Free Graham Crackers
- 1 10-ounce bag jumbo vegan & gluten free vanilla marshmallows
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free & vegan semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- 1 1/2 tablespoons non-hydrogenated vegetable shortening
- Bake the graham crackers as instructed in Cara’s recipe. See notes below for my additions.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Once the cookies have cooled line 24 cookies across a foil lined baking sheet and set aside. Cut a jumbo marshmallow in half lengthwise and place both halves, cut side down, on one of the cookies. Repeat this process with all of the remaining marshmallows and cookies.
- Place the marshmallow topped cookies under the preheated broiler and let the marshmallows toast until golden brown, about 35-45 seconds. ***Watch the marshmallows closely as they will burn!!*** Once the marshmallows have toasted work quickly and top each stack with another graham cracker and press down gently so that the warm marshmallow starts to ooze through the sides of the cookies and the cookie sandwich sticks together.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave safe bowl heat the chocolate and shortening in 20-30 second bursts at 50 % power, stirring between each cook time until completely melted.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, dip each cookie sandwich halfway into the melted chocolate then place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining cookie sandwiches until all of them are dipped in chocolate. Briefly place the cookies into the freezer so that the chocolate can set, about 3-5 minutes.
Additions to the original graham cracker recipe:
Add 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
Increase the vanilla extract to 1 teaspoon
Increase the nondairy milk to 8 tablespoons
Once the dough is prepared and rolled out cut into 2-inch circles with a cookie cutter.