Fast, easy, and delicious! Whether you are looking for a stellar vegan starter, a quick snack in the afternoon, or a spectacular side dish this easy blistered edamame is the ticket.
Don’t let the sanaam chili pod fool you, these babies aren’t spicy they have a subtle warmth that my kids absolutely love, and they are wimps when it comes to heat! Paired with flaky sea salt, garlic, earthy marash pepper flakes, and lime zest my clan can finish a whole skillets worth in less than 15 minutes flat.
What mom doesn’t want her kids to cheer when there are veggies served up at the table?
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ( 10-ounce) package frozen edamame, thawed and patted dry
- 2–3 dried Sanaam India Chili Pepper pods
- 3 unpeeled garlic cloves, smashed
- 1/4 teaspoon marash pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lime zest
- 4 Lime wedges
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil to the heated skillet followed by the edamame pods, pepper pods, and garlic cloves. Cook, tossing often, until the edamame is blistered and the garlic cloves are golden brown, approximately 5 minutes. Add the pepper flakes, sea salt, and lime zest, toss to coat and serve immediately with lime wedges.
Inspired by Bon Appetit