This Easy One Pan Taco Bake recipe and post was made in partnership with Gardein. We received compensation in exchange for it. Opinions are always our own. If we don’t love it, you don’t hear about it. Thanks for your continued support!
I am ALL about stress-free weeknight meals and boy does this Easy One Pan Taco Bake hit the spot!
I don’t know about your house, but in our home tacos are a staple meal that graces our table at least once a week, if not more. Honestly, I love everything about a taco feast, except for washing up all of the little dishes I set out full of toppings afterwards. With this Easy One Pan Taco Bake you can warm the taco shells, stuff them full of the hearty lentil and beefless ground filling, AND dress them all up in one pan that doubles as a serving dish. Oh yes friend, we are simplifying taco night!
For the entire month of April we are teaming up with the fine folks at Gardein for their #MeatoxChallenge to bring you delicious #MeatlessMonday dinner inspiration like this Easy One Pan Taco Bake! As you already know I have one heck of a carnivorous 7 year-old son and my goal for the month of April is to sneak veggies in his meals everytime I get the chance. Kash loved the Ultimate Beefless Ground mixed with lentils in these tacos so much! Honestly, I don't think he could tell the difference between the typical meat-filled taco I serve him and these plant forward ones. Gardein’s Ultimate Beefless Ground is not only delicious, it is gluten-free and has 87% less fat than regular ground beef making this one heck of a healthy taco feast that I can feel good about feeding everyone at our table!
Do you want to join Gardein's #MeatoxChallenge and have a chance to win a giveaway of $500 worth of Gardein products? Entering is simple, all you have to do is make a dish using one of Gardein's delicious products, snap a picture of it, and share to on social media using the hashtag #MeatoxChallenge!!Print
Easy One Pan Taco Bake
While we love these tacos as-is the filling is also great in burrito bowls, quesadillas, enchiladas, and even taquitos!
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baked/Stove top
- Cuisine: Mexican
2 teaspoons gluten free taco seasoning
½ teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
1 teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon coriander
For the lentil Gardein taco filling:
2 teaspoons olive oil
½ cup chopped white onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
pinch of salt
1 ½ cups cooked brown or green lentils, drained
3 tablespoons tomato paste
2 tablespoons hot sauce
1 cup shredded jalapeño jack cheese, or vegan shredded cheese
12 crunchy taco shells
salsa or pico de gallo, shredded lettuce, cilantro, avocado, roasted pepitas
Make the spice blend
- Combine the taco seasoning, oregano, cumin, and coriander in a small bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
Make the taco filling
- Fill a cup with water and place next to the stove to add to the pan as you cook. Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the oil. Sauté the onion, garlic, and a pinch of salt for about 3 minutes, until lightly browned. Add the spice blend and toss for 30 seconds to toast the spices.
- Lower the heat to medium, and add the lentils, Gardein Ultimate Beefless Ground, a few splashes of water, the tomato paste, and hot sauce to the pan. Use the back of a wooden spoon or a fork to mash the ingredients together a bit and break down the lentils. Continue cooking, stirring frequently for 5 minutes, adding small splashes of water as necessary when the lentils look like they are drying out.
Stuff the tacos
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Arrange the taco shells standing up in a 11 x 7 x 2-inch pan. Divide the lentil mixture among the taco shells and divide the cheese among the tacos as well. Bake for 10-15 minutes until the taco shells are beginning to brown and the cheese is melted.
- Top each taco with desired toppings and serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 3 tacos
- Calories: 657
- Sugar: 4.7 g
- Sodium: 1005.4 mg
- Fat: 31.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 75.4 g
- Protein: 22.9 g
- Cholesterol: 25.2 mg